Tuesday, May 17, 2011

True Notebooks

DEAR FRIEND

Hello there old friend
At the moment I'm kind of down
It seems as though this is the end
I haven't had the chance to see you around.

I've been sitting here bereft,
Along, locked down
But now I have a window
And see you every night.
Times are hard, but I'll be all right.

Gun towers, barbed wire is all I see
No matter how far I travel
I glance up, and there you'll be.
It's good to have a friend like you
At times you help me shine through.

I still have a long journey to go
But I'll be free again
I'll use this time to grow
In not just one way, but all
There's a lot for me to learn
So I'm gonna start like a baby, with a crawl.

Though the road may seem
Long and far
Eventually I'll make it

Dear old friend, North Star.
-Kevin Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment