Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In the last month

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted so a few updates are due.
-I made it to the 4th round with DCPS of their central office selection process, taught a 30 minute lesson at a middle school in late May and haven't heard anything since.
-Went to Ithaca NY for my brother's graduation from undergrad at Cornell (a whole other post is due)
-Went to Ireland for 11 days with my bro, parents and grandparents (multiple posts due)
-Found a house in Clarendon with a great girl and we're looking for roommates! Paid the security deposit yesterday and signing the lease tonight
-Had an interview with Holmes MS (FCPS) yesterday that I thought went really well, and I really liked the school.  They'd be a great fit for me if I get offered a position.
-I got a summer job working with the Smithsonian Mysteries in History camp from July 5-8 which will be great fun and a good experience!
-I have 2 more interviews set up for this week, one with Poe Middle School, and another with Twain Middle School
-I'm starting Irish dance classes tomorrow night with the O'Neill-James School!

Phew...there's a lot going on and things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment