Monday, May 7, 2012

Testing Time

AP Testing began this week and in 2 weeks our state tests (SOLs) will begin.  I had half a class of juniors this afternoon as most were taking the AP Psych test, or had gone home after the AM test.  I really get this feeling that my kids aren't studying for their History exam on Friday and it's making me nervous for their results!  Not to mention that several students have become chronically absent, some due to personal issues, some sick, some anxiety.  Great timing life, that's just what they needed.  Hopefully they'll pull through soon.

Lots of lazy sophomores right now, we'll see if reading quizzes rather than completion grades helps that...probably not good to start getting mean/tough at the end of the year, but it's all I can do to not yell at them when 3/25 turn in a homework assignment.

1 month and 13 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment