Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May update

May was a crazy month, both at school and at home...

My AP kids took their test on the 11th, and they said it was easy so I'm hoping that they did really well.

Alex came to visit on the 12th-13th weekend and we had fun watching the Caps game with some of his friends and getting dinner with Uncle Jim.



My friend Evan and I went to our friend Danielle's wedding in Pittsburgh on the 19th.  We had a great weekend, got to see the Avengers in 3D, Danielle got married to a great guy, and Evan drove both ways so I could get essays graded!




SOL testing started on the 20th - a week of high nerves throughout school and only two of my students failed the exam.  Not bad for a first year teacher!

At the same time that week I was moving from my small room in the house into the bigger room upstairs!  Easy move right around across the staircase, and while it's more expensive, it's a much larger room (almost 2x the size) and i have my own bathroom.  Didn't realize how much I missed having my own bathroom!  It took a couple evenings, but I finally got everything moved in before heading to Ithaca.

First night: bed, dresser and clothes moved in

Very large desk moved in next

Bookcase and hanging pictures last!

Headed up to Ithaca on the 28th to see Alex get his Master's and finish his time at Cornell.  The whole fam was there, we rented the same house, had lots of family time, ate some good food, went out in the evening with Alex and his friends, sat in the sun for commencement, orchestrated a surprise visit from Andy and Katie, ate more good food, and flew back to DC.







Pictures will be added...Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment