Monday, December 20, 2010

wow it's been a long time

December has seemed to fly by, between finishing school work, seeing my parents in Charlottesville, surviving finals week, a YAG shindig in Butler, PA, and then home for 2 days.  I can't believe that Christmas is only 4 days away, I feel like it should be more time.  I think having our semester run longer than normal has thrown my schedule off.  Here's a list of what's happened in December:
-wrote a unit plan with 2 classmates on the protestant reformation that ended up being over 100 pages long, complete with 5 lessons, supplementals and anchoring activities.  We spent 7 hours straight in the library on Monday to finish it, and were going crazy by the end.
-Went to Charlottesville with the parents, had a fantastic dinner at Bizous on the downtown mall and then saw Natalie MacMasters in concert at the Paramount Theater.  Fantastic show!  She's a fiddler with lots of celtic influences, 7 months pregnant and was dancing around on stage.  We then got to see my uncle Tad and his new wife Kelly at the farm the next day.
-Shindig was held at Garrett's house in Butler, PA. I forgot that I had a camera so I'll have to steal other's pictures.  We had about 18 of us together and it was great to see everyone, especially those that I haven't seen in 2 years. Plus I got to drive up to Pittsburgh the day before and stay with Amanda and Matt, so it was great to see them.
-New Years plans are finalized and I'm heading to DC!  Can't wait until I actually live there.
-Discovered that a few of my YAG friends are now living in DC, so I can't wait until I move there so I can have everyone over to where ever I live and get all of my random friends to meet each other.  Plus I found out that my cousin Nick is living in DC too!  Even more reason to head that way!
-Got home yesterday and we had a great fancy dinner (Mom got out the china) and then during clean up we had a family towel war, boys v. girls.  Alex was then hungry so at 10:30 we proceeded to make double chocolate peppermint cookies.  So yummy.
-Swam this morning, a total of 600 meters, which compared to what I used to do in an hour (~4,000 meters) is nothing, but it was nice to get back in the water.  However, my suit didn't fit as well as it used to because all of the weight that I've gained has gone straight to my butt, which means that I now have a butt, but suits aren't cut for those that have one.

Off to do some Christmas shopping because I've procrastinated and assumed that I'll have more time before Christmas (like time will stop for me or something...) and we're leaving for NC on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment