Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life after Ireland

When I got back from Ireland, I had a new house that my roommate Chrissie had found.  We still had to find 3 people, but it's in Clarendon 4 blocks from the metro, so the location should make it easy to find people.  I also had 6 interviews set up in Fairfax County for teaching jobs!  What ended up working out was: we found 3 other people and moved in July 1st.  I had an unofficial offer with Madison HS to teach AP and was asked to attend the summer workshop, which in doing so was my unofficial acceptance.  I got the official job offer on Monday July 11th.  I got a TB test (negative) and filled out some forms to get my background clearance on Monday and then attend an orientation about benefits the following week.  I've been reading textbooks everyday, planning to teach World History II and AP USH in the fall.  Things are going well!

Currently watching Michael Collins about the formation of the Irish Republic.

Heading to Gettysburg tomorrow with M, L & P and my parents are meeting us there!

No comments:

Post a Comment