Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recent Happenings

On Friday I got to head out to my new school where I'll be working in the fall and see my classroom, as well as drop off a bunch of books and supplies that I have.  The rooms were being cleaned so the halls were filled with desks, chairs and bookshelves, causing a maze to work your way through down the hall.  My classroom was much more of a rectangle than a square with one large whiteboard in the front and a large TV by the window (a window! yay!) and then on either side of the door I have a second smaller whiteboard and a large bulletin board.  The good thing about the rectangle is that I can run a huge timeline across the wall that we can add things to throughout the year.  My boxes got put in storage because of the cleaning, where they'll stay until late August when I can set up my room.

I drove around Vienna a bit after that to check it out and see what's there before heading to get some errands done.  On Saturday I went to the gym with my roommate and ended up joining for a couple reasons, 1) it's 2 blocks away, 2) they offer yoga and pilates classes, 3) Teacher discount!, and 4) I need to start working out so that I'm not dying half way though dance class and practicing bad techniques.  I have a fitness test tomorrow morning, the results of which I expect to be awful from my lack of working out over the last 4 years.

We had our housewarming party last night, grilling in the back yard with a pong table, cornhole and a very large jenga set, which proved to be a huge hit!  It was made out of foot long 2x4s, simply genius.  A lot of people came, each roomie had invited 10-20 people and it was great to meet friends of roomies.  I'm hoping to meet lots of new people in the next month, as well as hang out with some old friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment