Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fabulous meal!

Just have to brag about a fabulous meal that I made for myself tonight...and don't worry I'll provide a recipe at the end...

Made myself some chicken, broccoli and couscous, only made better by a bottle of wine, pino grigio of course.  Some lessons learned along the way...couscous is much better when made with chicken stock and butter rather than just water, so much more flavorful.  Even better that they now sell chicken stock in one cup measurements, as I never could use up a whole can.  Also, chicken is so much more flavorful when you salt and pepper it first, and then add a cup of wine and a pat of butter (I use earth balance of course, dairy free!).  So here's what I did:

Cook a box of couscous, roasted pint nut variety, with chicken stock, my butter and some raisins.  Super yummy, just follow directions on the box (as best you can).

Heat a pan on med-high heat, swirl some EVOO in, throw on your seasoned chicken breasts (according to Rachel Ray whose recipe I got the ideas from, you should cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces, she's right on that one.)  Cooked broccoli in the microwave for 2 minutes to start it off, could have done 1 minute.  Combine broccoli in pan with browned chicken (all sides have browned), pour about a cup of dry white wine over it, eyeball it for about 1/4 of a full size bottle.  Pour yourself a glass too.  Cook for 2-3 minutes, stir a pat of butter in, cook for another minute.  Put fluffed couscous on a plate, put chicken and broccoli and some of the sauce overtop, voila!  Meal ready to eat!  Maybe then pour yourself a second glass if it's been a rough day/week/month.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment