Saturday, April 5, 2014

End of the Vegan Challenge


I tried.  I really did, but it was hard and so limiting especially eating out, and I already feel a bit like a burden with all my food allergy limitations so I didn't want to force it when out.  So there were a couple times that I "cheated", like St. Patricks Day.  So Friday night I officially ended the Vegan Challenge and Chris made....  Steak!

And it was delicious.   

Trick is:
-pat salt and pepper into both sides of the steak and let it rest for 30 minutes
-heat the cast iron skillet, sear all sides of the steak (learned that's to keep the juices in)
-turn down the heat, put about 2 Tbsp of butter in the pan to melt and a big sprig of thyme on top, (we used Earth Balance) and baste the steak for 2-3 minutes (scoop up the butter with a spoon and pour on the steak)
-flip the steak, put the thyme on to and repeat the basting
-take steak out of the pan when desired doneness and let rest before eating

No comments:

Post a Comment