Friday, April 10, 2015

Keeping track of recipes

In this modern age it's sometimes difficult to keep track of recipes.  It used to be that you had a box for the recipe cards (maybe handed down in the family), or a stack of cookbooks, or a binder where you have pages organized that you've torn out of magazines, and that was pretty easy organization and everything was nearby in the kitchen.  But today, with the advent of the digital world, it's harder to keep track because not everything is paper or at your fingertips, and you can forget where you have recipies much easier.  For example, I have my cookbooks and binder, but then also have a digital recipe box on epicurious and one on allrecipes.  But then what happens when you find a great recipe on some other site or blog and can't save it into one of those two digital recipe collections?

For me, if I don't print it, I end up saying that "this is great, I want to make this" and then forget about it and usually can't find it.  If I print it, chances are I will make it, eventually.  I sometimes wish that there was one digital cookbook that I could save all my digital recipes into.  Maybe Evernote would be an option, or PDF all of the recipes and save them to a Dropbox folder or Google Drive...

How do others organize their digital recipe collections?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment