Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happenings

Wow, lots to update on...

I found a blog called snippet and ink which is actually all about weddings, and i'm not planning on getting married anytime soon, but i'm attending a ton of weddings right now which makes it a current topic running through my brain.  The blog has these inspiration boards, and so far my favorite is #463: Robin's egg blue.  So pretty!  It's funny how some of the inspiration boards remind me of certain people, like #459 Squeeze and Kiss is oranges and yellows and made me think of my roomie J.

I'm going to save this now because I'm headed to see the Soloist with my irish dance friends, but I'll finish later!

I'm back, the movie was great and it was great to see Sarah Lynn before she moves to Ottawa.  And of course I didn't finish looking at the inspiration boards...only 300 more to go.  Some of my favorites are: Garden of Joy with hedge green and raspberry punch, ideas of a formal English garden; Navy & Yellow for a whimsical modern glam (altho I'm not really modern, we could make it whimsical preppy glam ;o); French country chic in French blue and butter yellow; and Licorice & Lemon Drops with black, yellow and white, just to name a few.  I really like the preppy themes (most have j.crew items on them somewhere) and the whimsical themes.  I also like classic, elegant and romantic ones.

Last weekend I headed to VA Beach for my friend Lauren's wedding.  The first wedding from ATEP 09 which is kind of crazy.  Mini is getting married as well, but it's no surprise that non of us were invited.  At least LP invited a few, even if not all were able to make it.  It was a beautiful ceremony in their home Catholic Church, which was more round than the traditional rectangle, but it really worked.  LP looked beautiful!  Then the reception was held at the VA Beach hotel on the waterfront (bay side).  There was dinner, a pause in activities at 9 for the fireworks, the whole reason LP wanted to get married on the 4th of July, then more dancing and fun.  I was staying with my friend Megan, and because we had an hour drive and had to get up early the next morning we left at 10.  It was a great time!  I loved the bridesmaid's dresses (lime green and from Ann Taylor) and the flowers were pretty blue hydrangeas.  LP looked so happy!  I hope to see her sometime this fall.

This week has been a whirlwind of driving back on Monday, stopping in Charlottesville for some shopping, class on tuesday followed by driving to Richmond with J to see Michael Bublé (FANTASTIC CONCERT!), getting back at 1am, dealing with roommate drama, classes, more roommate drama and one class finally ending. Phew. I'm tired after just writing all that, much less doing all of it.

Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment