Monday, August 2, 2010

lactose or proteins or both

My dad and I got on the topic tonight of what I can and can't eat with my dairy-free diet, because my mom thought that butter (any amount) was ok, but milk was not and I had to explain that only small amounts of butter were ok, but that chocolate chip cookies with lots of butter were unfortunately not ok.  My dad now is wondering whether it's really lactose that is the problem because there isn't any lactose in butter.  I'm not convinced that's true, but it is possible that I have an intolerance to other parts of milk besides the lactose (sugar), which leads me to wonder about the proteins.  I'm not sure that I want to have more tests done (which would include blood, as well as upper and lower endoscopies, along with biopsies, fun!) because is it really worth it?  I'm already trying to be as dairy free as possible and how many things contain just one part of milk and not some of the others.  It is interesting reading about it tho.  And I think in general that my stomach is just hypersensitive (like my nerve endings) and doesn't like food, might be a good diet.

I do need to start working out, but motivation is a problem, exhaustion is a problem and I'm so out of shape that I just don't want to start.  Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment