Sunday, April 25, 2010

it's not goodbye, it's see you later

Today was my last Theta Chapter as Ritualist and as a collegian.  It's kind of bittersweet.  I love those women of Eta Rho, even if sometimes I'm not good at showing that.  We have some amazing sisters with amazing accomplishments.  Victoria has a 4.0 as a senior, Lauren writes for HerCampus, JB and Christa have founded clubs on campus, others are involved in multiple clubs.  I'm going to miss hanging out with all of them next year, but I know that it's time for me to move on.  I'm ready to be an alumna and help advise the chapter so that I'm still connected, but not as involved.  I won't have to go to every event and every chapter meeting, but I'll still have some interaction.  Today the NoVa Alumnae group came to chapter and it was really nice to see that all of them graduated after 2000 (meaning they're more our age) and they all seem really nice.  I can't wait to (*fingers crossed*) end up in Northern Va and get to meet more of their women and be involved in an alumnae chapter.  Granted I have to figure out the job thing, but I know I want to eventually be up there, at least for a bit.

I was really touched that Laura (my grand little) had a note to read for me.  I wasn't sure that I would be included in the Senior recognition since I had a little of that last year, but it was really nice to hear that I've made a difference in at least one person's life.  But just as I told her, it's not goodbye, it's see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment