Thursday, September 23, 2010

turning a leaf...

Yes, i did get home a 2am last night and yes, it was a wednesday night.  It was a friends birthday, which started out as dinner at Union Station (pretty good, nice atmosphere), proceeded to Jack Browns and then made our way to Finnegan's.  The group left Finnegan's around midnight to head our separate ways, but because everyone else lives downtown they can drink and walk home.  I wasn't quite ready to drive home yet, so i went with Friend back to his apartment to get a glass of water, sit for like 20 minutes and then be able to drive and not be an imposition.  Well that 20 minutes turned into 2 hours spent talking after which I was completely sober, but tired and forgot to turn on my lights driving for about 2 blocks.  There were street lights so I could see, but it made me feel like an idiot and really glad I didn't get pulled over.  The story would have gone like this: "sorry officer, the streets are so well lit that I didn't need my lights to see and thus forgot to turn them on, no I'm not drunk, not even tipsy or buzzed, I'm just tired and confused after hanging out with a friend who can't decide whether he wants to be more than a friend to me or another girl.  I'll turn on my lights and have a good night!"  Oh so confusing!

It's officially fall now, but it feels like the middle of summer...hello climate change!  Highs in the 90s today? Seriously?  uggg, I just want cooler weather so I can wear boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment