Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crafty day


I really wanted some way to display the everyday jewelry that I have because if I don't see it then I don't wear it.  So I created this jewelry display for my room.  I bought a cheap poster frame (I am a poor starving college student) and the silver adhesive hooks, plus a wallpaper border that had the words on it. The green wrapping paper I had, but it works perfectly.  My roommate had the white fabric already and allowed me to cut two small pieces off.  To construct I opened up the frame, took the plastic out and put the fabric down, then putting the plastic back in so that it holds the fabric in place.  Then I cut the wrapping paper, cut out the words from the wallpaper, taped them onto the wrapping paper and put that in the frame before putting the back on.  To keep the fabric in place I stapled it to the cardboard back, just one more way to keep it secure.  The last thing was to put on the adhesive hooks, hang on the wall and put up the jewelry.  It turned out so much better than I thought!  And now I can remember to wear jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment